maandag 3 oktober 2005

Arielle, Dob, Kahimi Kari

Thanks to this blog, I got in touch with kindred spirits who adore les filles sourires as much as I do. Take Roar for instance, from Norway. He's send me a few songs of his favourite French-singing girls (but not necessarily born in France). Here's three of them, with annotations by Roar.

Arielle: Never hear anything about her and it's been a while since her last album, I think. Can't really recommend her albums since they are in my opinion varied (she's sometimes a bit introvert and experimental, I prefer it when she's ligh-hearted, which she isn't often enough - but when she is: oh la la...).

Hear Here.

Dob: A groovy Japanese project that released an album via Bungalow in the late 90s I think. It was quite good. By far the best song: Au revoir. Also appeared on a fab compilation on Elefant, along with Notre-Dame, Le Mans, etc.

Hear Here.

Kahimi Karie: can't count the hours I've spent on the internet looking for her cds and the many times I've cursed this part of the world for not having released more of her music. Minty Fresh did a fantastic compilation of some of her best songs, Elefant released a good EP, and Le Grand Magistery her Kkkkk album. Since I never wanted to spend a fortune (literally) on collecting her discography, that's all I have by her. Not enough. Other favourite Japanese acts are Metro on Elefant, Instant Cafe Records on S.H.A.D.O. for instance, and Frenesi on the now defunct Bambini - softer than pastel, cute as dimples.

Hear Here.

More songs selected by Roar later on. If you have songs to share, please email me (check profile).

2 opmerkingen: