maandag 12 december 2005

Aurore

Could be wrong, but I don't think that Aurore Reichert is 100% French - it's because the pronounciation of the first verse of Chysanthème (posted below) that I have my doubts. She has (to my ears) a little accent. Not that it matters, ofcourse, 'cause Aurore has a really nice, high voice and the songs of her band Alifair are pretty decent. Alifair released two albums (in 2002 and 2004), and because I cannot find much info about the band (apart from their site, ofcourse, but if you google them you'll see what I mean) I'm guessing that those two albums fell on a lot of deaf ears. I would not go as far as calling that a shame, because both albums are mediocre - the artists that are inspiring them (ranging from Emilie Simon to King Crimson, no less) are better. That said: Chysanthème is really pretty (I like the sound of the word Chrysanthème as well), and the wordplay in Mot's d'Elle works for me. Oh well, you be the judge:

Alifair - Chrysanthème
Hear Here

Alifair - Mot's d'Elle
Hear Here

4 opmerkingen:

  1. I'm french, I've listened "chrysanthème", and I could swear this girl is as french as an aveyronnaise farmer eating a piece of laguiole could be.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Okay, I guess you can't get any Frenchiër than that. Like I said, I could be wrong. To me, her pronounciation sounds a li'l Dutch, but that could be (ofcourse) projection. Thanks, thouhg.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Beautiful word, "chrysanthème", but I like it better in the French version of Einstürzende Neubauten's "Blume":

    "Pour toi je suis une chrysanthème
    super nova
    une Étoile pressée"

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Hello!
    I'm the aveyronnaise farmer! Ah ah ah!! Aurore, the singer of Chrysanthème...You make me laugh. I think it's better to read something about me rather than nothing at all!!
    I'm really a french singer, listen to my wonderful english accent in "Heavy Dream"!!
    http://www.alifair.com/videos/20051209/heavy_dream.mp4
    Have fun, read you soon!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen