donderdag 1 juni 2006

Iris


Wish I had logged on to MySpace.com earlier: it's a real treasure trove for fans of FS-music. Take Peppermynt Peppermoon, like Dessous Chics (see below) a trio, who play acoustic, folky pop. They count Françoise Hardy, Magic Numbers, Belle & Sebastian and actress Milla Jovovich (who, unbeknownst to me, made an album called The Divine Comedy) as their influences. The lovely voice of 18-year old singer Iris takes me back to summer evenings when I was a little Guuzbourg, playing safely in the garden of my parents. It's real comforting.
Peppermynt has their first show on July 3rd, also the birthday of Iris, @ Café de la Danse in Paris (as support act to Yvon Chateigner). If you're there, kiss Iris on the cheeks three times for me, like we do en Pays-Bas.

NB: the band changed their name when they found out another band was called Peppermint, plus their myspace-site was hacked.

Peppermoon - Les Petits Miroirs

(also check out songwriter/keyboardist Pierre Fageolle's site)

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Hello thank you very much for the little place for me in your blog page.I'm surprised and touched(is it english i don't know : my english is not really good ;-))so your comments make me happy
    Kiss from France
    Iris

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. This is why I run this blog, people. Merci Iris. Mille fleurs!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. A woman with a delicious voice indeed!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen