vrijdag 28 december 2007

New Project: French Wishing

After the duets, and the Frères Sourires, I'd like to kick off the new year with a new project: French Wishing. I will post songs (by girls) that are notsung in French, but should be. These songs would sound much better. I know of a few tracks, but you, dear visitor, can contribute as well. As always. Write a little piece, send your entry to guuzbourg(a)gmail.com.

Example: Life in Mono by shortlived triphopduo Mono. Heavily influenced by John Barry and nouvelle vague, singer Siobhan di Mare utters a few French words in this song, but it how grand it would've been if all lyrics would be Francais.

Mono - Life in Mono

8 opmerkingen:

  1. I don't understand what you mean...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Dieu ??? You mean God, the creator !!
    i'm not sure to understand in fact

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Take an Emiliana Torrini song. Or by Goldfrapp. Or by another girl. Think about how great this English (or German, or Dutch, or Swahili) song would sound in French. Write a little piece. Send me the mp3. I will post it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Did you ever get to hear K3's "Frans Liedje"? OMC once pointed that one out to me, and it'll make you forget all bad things you've ever thought about said band.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. i expect your guestpost in a couple of days, martijn ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Tears All Over Town by A Girl Called Eddy.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Oh dear, there are quiet some ladies that I would like to hear chante en français. To mention a few: Kim Deal, Kylie Minogue (allright there is this ‘Je T’aime Moi Non Plus’ thing, but WE WANT MORE!), Maria McKee, Jemina Pearl Abegg (Be Your Own Pet), CocoRosie, Róisín Murphy, Carol van Dijk (Bettie Serveert), Jenny Lewis (Rilo Kiley). Hmm well, I could go on for a while...

    I’ll come up with some words and specific tracks later.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen