zondag 15 juni 2008

Veni vidi vici


When I saw a compilation of highlights from the Holland-France game yesterday evening with an Alizée track under it, I just had to make a post. (It's not the music you hear under the compilation posted above, btw) I watched it at home, but went to dj later that evening wearing my French football jersey. Interesting comments you get from fellow Dutchmen. There was even an Ajax-fan who asked me how it felt to lose - I only replied: you tell me (for non-football fans: Ajax lost about everything last season). I played some French tunes, but a lot of funk, salsa and reggae too. Still, there was this girl who wanted me to play more American music - at that point, an Isley Brothers-cover was on the decks. Had a great time though, it's always great to see people dance like mad when that Minimatic remix of Serge's Chez les Yeye's is on.

Alizée - Veni Vidi Vici

3 opmerkingen:

  1. I'm happy you gig went well. At my gig the next day I played Johnny Rep on the Tour compilation :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Sorry for Holland, Kevin, but the team was not good enough for Guuz........ Hiddink and his russians. -By the way, "Johnny Rep"is a song by the St. Etienne rock group Mickey 3d. This tune is since some years the sort of official hymne of the french football team AS St. Etienne (a legendary team in the 70s, nowadays they stuck in the middle of the french league). Mickey, the singer of the band, is a big supporter of the team. At every play at home they played this song (a hym for the dutch player Johnny Rep) before the match.....
    Greetings from Munich! Thomas

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen