dinsdag 19 augustus 2008

Marianne Dissard


Out in a month or so: L'Entredeux by Marianne Dissard. The mighty Le Pop from Germany is releasing it, you can see the cover on the left. I got a copy a few months back, and my initial reaction was: great, but why are your vocals so buried in the mix. It was like saying to a young mother: lovely child, but look at it's wrinkles, she's like an old lady. Or even worse. Marianne was not amused - but we're good now. The thing is, when you're blessed with a supersexy husky voice like Marianne's, you want it to be as upclose and personal as possible. Like she's whispering it directly to you, even if the lyrics are not so favourable (like in the song Merci de Rien du Tout). It took a while before the album was done, but it sure was worth the wait.
When she's touring in Europe, in fall and probably next year, I will say: Come here, Marianne. Closer. Clo-ser...(whispers:) merci, ma chere.
More here.

Marianne Dissard - Les Lendemains

6 opmerkingen:

  1. naaaah, i was amused! you're more french than the french! close kisses from here. m

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi,
    The link does not seem to work.
    I always love your selections!
    Cheers!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. oops, misspelling. works fine now. and thanks for the close kisses, m.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Great singer !

    I just bought the record !

    thanks a lot

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Just returning home from breathtaking movie 'Il Y A Longtemps Que Je T'aime', Marianne does exactely the same thing: leaving me speechless.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I like the album very much; got my copy from Le Pop too...but I had to wait for years and that even makes "rauwe bonen zoet" as the Dutch say ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen