maandag 30 januari 2006

En Duo Grande Finale BONUS

Tired of Je t'aime-versions?
NOTE: ALL JE T'AIME-FILES ARE DOWN!

Instrumental
When Je t'aime was banned in the UK, instrumental one-day-fly Sounds Nice quickly released this instrumental version. Disco-infused Saint Tropez proved you could also vertically dance to the song.

Comic
Like André Bourvil (see post below), British comedians Frankie Howerd and June Whitfield followed all the hoopla around Je t'aime with a spoof, Up Je T'Aime (1971). From a more recent date is the duet between French singers Arthur H. and a very bored sounding Brigitte Fontaine.

Foreign
If not funny, Leena Skoog & Anders Naslund certainly sound inspired on their (Swedish?) version of the song, from 1969.

Family
Scottish rockers Texas used a big portion of Je t'aime for their minor hit Guitar Song, while Austrian downtempo-kings Dzihan & Kamien remixed Serge and Jane for the I Love Serge-tribute-album (2001). Poppmusik used a very small portion for their view, just as German punkfunkers Reifenstahl. Belgian triphopband Hooverphonic used only the music, singer Geike sticks to the lyrics of their own hitsong Eden.

Thanks: Maks, Edmond, Edward, Christine, Bruno and Miel for these versions.
You're still welcome to send me newly found ones. Tomorrow, I will resume posting regular Filles Sourires-songs.

12 opmerkingen:

  1. Pure brilliance again Guuzbourg, thnx! And merci bien also to all the others for the music and for making this list as complete as possible.

    But there's still no one out there who has the Psychic TV version? :-(
    * starts weeping *

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. There there, there there. I know of people who have it on vinyl, but are unable to mp3 it. But I'm working on that one.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Link to the Poppmusik-mp3 is corrected.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Hi,I've found another version by Christopher John,son orchestre et ses chanteurs (around 77) lying around.It's a good vocal version,but nothing special... :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. hi!
    Psychic TV version is great. it is my favorite. I have it.
    this is very nice blog.
    hello from Czech republic

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Peta, if you can email that Psychic TV song, Maks & I will name our firstborn after you! Guuzbourg(a)gmail.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. LOL @ Guuzbourg!
    And he's right Peta, I'm already working on that firstborn ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. We also promise to become members of PETA and never wear fur (again).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. ad mail - no problem, here you go
    ad PETA - they stole my name!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. I found Ilona Csakova here! She is from Czech rep. She was singer in band: Laura a jeji tigri. It was not bad band. Now she is only stupid celebrity singing stupid songs. Sorry for may bad english..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Wow! Out of all of those tracks, the only two I had in my collection were the Einstuerzende Neubaten and Cibo Matto covers. I didn't even realize Neubaten's "Jet'm" was a Gainsbourg song: I only have it on vinyl and haven't been able to listen to it for years, and I only got into Gainsbourg a couple of years ago. I especially enjoyed the Frankie Howerd & June Whitfield spoof. Fantastic job tracking all of those down!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Yes the Lena Skoog one is in Swedish. Rather corny...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen