vrijdag 31 maart 2006

Camille & Emilie


They're on the cover of the latest issue of French music mag Les Inrocks - haven't been able to get my hands on this one, is it any good? Both filles have new albums out, as you know 'cause I posted some tracks. Regular FS-visitor Frans S. send me a whole bunch of brilliant live-tracks by both ladies (merci!), and why not share 'em with you? I love cover-versions, so I've chosen three - unfortunately the Camille-ones are not complete, but a hell of a lotta fun. Plus, today I got the new Thievery Corporation-remix compilation Versions (out May 15) that has a Emilie Simon-rework. Hear that one as well.

Camille - Wordy Rappinghood (TomTom Club cover) (live)
Camille - I Got A Woman (Ray Charles cover) (live)

Emilie Simon - I Wanna Be Your Dog (Stooges cover) (live)
Emilie Simon - Desert (Thievery Corporation remix)

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Wow! Camille is really taking off.
    The Thievery Corporation own the bar/nightclub/resturant across the street from my house, Local 16 - its not only one of the nicest places in DC but is also very convenient for me! They've broken ties with the original 18th Street Lounge nightclub which is now pretty crap. I see those guys on the street all the time.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. In interviewed them a couple of times - Eric Hilton's a great guy. Last time we jokey all the time about his 'niece' Paris.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hey, if you go to the magazine site, you can download a PDF of that cover photo, and convert to jpeg.
    (and then drool.)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Of het blad goed is? De Inrocks is zeg maar de Oor van Frankrijk.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Oja, ze hebben 'm in de bibliotheek van Maison Descartes, aan de Vijzelstraat cq. -gracht 2A

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen