woensdag 29 november 2006

Daya


So take a good look at my face, you see my smile looks out of place. As you get closer it's easy to trace, the tracks of my tears. Smokey Robinson sang it waaaay back in the sixties, lovely chanteuse Belge Daya has her own take on this theme with Mes Yeux Rouges. She writes: "It is a song I wrote about 2 years ago. It's about a girl. She meets her ex-boyfriend and it is quite painful. There is still pain in her heart. But she's also very proud and makes all sorts of excuses for her red eyes: it's an allergy, it's her contact lenses, it's the rain etcetera. She wouldn't admit it's because she still loves him. No way!
I had just split up when I wrote the song. Although I was lucky not to meet him for a while...I imagined what it would be like to meet him and the excuses I would need to make for my red eyes! No way I'd admit I was suffering ;-) That guy was such a ladykiller! Somehow, it was a relief to write this song. It was the first step to my recovery." Have that box of Kleenex ready when you listen.

Daya - Mes Yeux Rouges

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten