woensdag 11 juli 2007

Lula



You can stop looking y'all, THE summersong of 2007 is Merveilleux by Lula. A sixties-style whistler. So fresh, so clean. And what a darling girlie voice. Born in a tiny village near the Alps, li'l Lula occupied her time singing along to Blondie songs. Later on, she met German punkrock icon Bela B., who in turn introduced her to the legendary Lee Hazlewood. She sang a duet on his last album. How's that for recommendations? Her album drops in August, with songs in English, German and French. I sure hope she will explore French some more - she could be the next Vanessa Paradis. No, really.

Lula - Merveilleux

5 opmerkingen:

  1. love it, greets from m, s.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Just found your site. It's fantastic. You've opened my eyes (well ears).

    The first two Vanessa Paradis albums are the only albums in my collection that I still can't get enough of. Everything else seems to fade after a couple of weeks of playing, but VP has not faded in 20 years. I have no idea why. I didn't much like her other albums apart from the odd song. Got my fingers crossed for her new album.

    Lula's music has a similar sound to VP's later stuff (the stuff I don't like so much) but I'm still loving the voice.

    Thanks so much for doing this blog. Much appreciated. I'm going to go back and read all the history now!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. thank you so much for this beautiful page! i love lula´s song. great voice. and great sound!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Great! Or even better: Merveilleux!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen