zaterdag 22 april 2006

Project Cinema (7): Emmanuelle

Natasja Vermeer is her name, the latest actress to appear in the role of the infamous Emmanuelle. Just as Sylvia Kristel, mother to all Emmanuelle's, Natasja is Dutch, and just as Sylvia Kristel, she sings. Kristel appeared on a Blue Note-album (no less) made by dj Eddy de Clercq (the one who introduced Holland to house-music), Natasja sang on a Emmanuelle-themed lounge-compilation by Claude Challe.
Emmanuelle must be one of the most profitable sex franchises out there, Serge Gainsbourg contributed a soundtrack (as you know he would). Even George Lazenby (one-time James Bond) appeared in one. Lots of actresses played the role of Emmanuelle, but Kristel's the most famous - I remember vividly seeing the first Emmanuelle-movie on Dutch national tv when I was a teenager, blocking the crack under the door so my parents couldn't see I was watching tv at night. Ah, nostalgia.

Natasja Vermeer - Emmanuelle
Serge Gainsbourg - Goodbye Emmanuelle


Speaking of Dutch women who made a name for themselves via sex; let's not forget happy hooker Xaviera Hollander. Yes, she appeared in movies and she made a couple of albums. Here her butcher the Beatles (and singing in French):

Xaviera Hollander - Michelle

2 opmerkingen:

  1. I lost my copy of Passport, anyone who has the song Sylvia Kristel sings, please gmail me!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I remember reading Xaviera Hollander's autobiography and hiding it under my bed so my parents wouln't know. If only I'd known she sang! ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen