dinsdag 18 juli 2006

Axelle (3)



Coming September, the new album by my favourite Flemish redhead Axelle Red will be released, Jardin Secret. If you've never heard of Axelle: one of her albums is called French Soul, and that is exactly what she's making. Imagine not Dusty Springfield, but Jane Birkin (with a more schooled voice) in Memphis. This time, Axelle and producer Daan went to Elvis' hometown to record in Willie Mitchell's famous Royal Studios. Helping musical hand were lend by guys who worked with Sam & Dave and Isaac Hayes. First single Changer Ma Vie is a sultry New Orleans-shuffle. For good measure I also post early (1993) single Sensualité.

Axelle Red - Changer Ma Vie
Axelle Red - Sensualité

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Hello! I'm sorry to bother you, but I've been looking for 'Sensualité' for quite a while and couldn't find it. If you would be willing to re-upload it, I'd really appreciate it. Sorry to ask, I know it's a huge bother for you. Thanks either way!
    -Kate

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. kate, send me an email (see profile), I'll see what I can do

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen