maandag 10 juli 2006

Kelly Joyce


Sami, of the wonderful Pardon My Freedom-blog, offered a great song by Kelly Joyce. And ofcourse, I'm glad to post it:

"Kelly Joyce is a hidden gem born from Egyptian and Zairean parents and she was raised in Italy where she has released two albums. She had a minor hit in France during summer 2001 with the catchy Vivre la vie, which remains one of my favorite recent pop tunes sung in french.
First time I heard it, I instantaneously fell in love with that unusually retro
soulful voice, especially for her charming accent. The production instantly reminded me of that collaboration between Shirley Bassey and Propellerheads, a vintage cabaret piano mixing with modern beats, and arrangments really different from what was broadcasted in mainstream radios at the time."

Kelly Joyce - Vivre La Vie

1 opmerking:

  1. Luckily I had my recordsalesman import the cd at the time, so the included mixes are to me no mystery. In my memory this is an Italian production..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen