woensdag 21 maart 2007

Lizzy Ling


Remember Lizzy Ling? Her album Un Tigre dans le bungalow drops any minute now. The lovely chanteuse was so kind to send me two tracks (actually the first and the last song on the cd), and wrote a little explanation for each song. (More Lizzy here)

L'Hiver: "This song is composed and written by Lionel Privat, my guitarist on stage (and he plays on my album too). I'm always cold in winter and I like to hibernate. It seems like the weather sucks all energy out of me. I'm not strong enough to go out and do something. I'm like a bear in cave. So I just stayinside and wait for better days."

Black Butterfly: "A very personal song. I wrote the lyrics many years ago. The song is about this butterfly, that appeared aronnd me when I was 6 years old, the age when my father died in a planecrash. This back-and-orange butterfly kept reappearing every now and again, when I was in Paris, when I was in the south. Very strange and mysterious. I told the story to Minimatic, and he set my lyrics to music."

Lizzy Ling - L'Hiver
Lizzy Ling - Black Butterfly

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten