woensdag 12 september 2007

La Meduza, A Loulia


Krizia, aka La Meduza, tells it like it is: "Born in 1987 in Bloomington Indiana with Italian, French and Spanish genes. Most of my life I spent growing up in Geneva. Studied music from a very early age, began by playing the piano at the conservatoire de Musique and took part in several Musical Theatre amateur shows. Music was a definite path in my life and this is why it led me to Liverpool where I'm currently studying for a Bachelor in Performing Arts (Music) at LIPA. I began composing in 2005 and just discovered how to create electronic music in December 2006. Therefore my work is still very much under construction."

Under construction, you say? Dear Krizia, Ainsi Va La Vie is such a sweet soft song, with a little shadow, but that's what sunny songs need sometimes. It's perfect, no need to reconstruct!

LaMeduza - Ainsi Va La Vie



I've posted a few songs about rain on this blog, but none a beautiful and desperate as La Pluie Qui Tombe. Written by Daniel Darc, covered by A Loulia, a duo (Melanie and Sebastien) who according to their MySpace are based in Paris, Toulouse and the Mid-Pyrenees. They're unsigned, amazingly, but they made one album themselves (see here). La Pluie Qui Tombe is a great song to watch leaves fall from trees by. Sebastien writes: "We covered this song just because it's my all time favorite. I feel very emotional when I listen to it. I proposed this track to Mélanie (lead singer) and we recorded it. The fragile side of Mélanie was perfect for this music. We recorded last week. It was a great moment for us."
It's a great moment for all of us, I'd say.

A Loulia - La Pluie Qui Tombe

3 opmerkingen: