zondag 9 september 2007

Yelle


Great records by great French artists are released at the same time, it seems: last week Pop Up by my fave French electropopgirl Yelle saw the light of day. It features the singles (and dancefloor sureshots) A Cause De Garcons and Je Veux te Voir, and a couple of new tracks that are slower, less danceable, more synthipop. Bestest example is Les Femmes, that has been posted on several websites already. The album has two versions, I really like that Siruismo remix. Yes this is bubblegum, but it keeps its taste for a long time.

Yelle - Les Femmes
Yelle - Les Femmes (Siruism rmx)
Yelle - Tristesse/Joie

6 opmerkingen:

  1. Yelle is my gal. I love her so much it hurts. I've got an interview with her coming up, and I'll be reviewing the CD quite soon. Exciting times.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. fyi, the link to Tristesse/Joie is broken because "tristesse" is misspelled in the URL.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thanks Kras, link is fixed now.

    Gregdona - be sure to send a link to your interview!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I also love Yelle. :D
    unfortunately I can't buy her CD here :(

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Yelle is amazing. She is such a fun artist to listen to. She actually did a bunch of really awesome interviews that peoples should check out.

    http://www.uncensoredinterview.com/artists/156-Yelle

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen