dinsdag 13 mei 2008

Amoureux Solitaires


Last year, we had Julien Doré covering Alizée's Moi...Lolita. 2008 brings us Arman Melies re-doing Lio's eighties-bubblegum classic Amoureux Solitaires. He gave the very danceable tune a gloomy, Depeche Mode-ish disguise. Love it! I've posted other versions before, including the original by Stinky Toys. But there are more. I will get to them later (contributions are welcomed), but first here's the original, and Arman's reprise.

Lio - Amoureux Solitaires (video)
Arman Melies - Amoureux Solitaires


In other news: I have one give-away copy of Berry's Mademoiselle-album. You want it? You know what to do: write a guestpost on your favourite French song (sung by a girl), email it to guuzbourg(a)gmail.com and the nicest contribution gets the freebee.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Bonjour Guuzbourg et merci beaucoup pour toutes ces jolies chansons.

    Since I left France it's your blog which keep me in touch with the new French pop.

    Plus there is always some old pearls so great to listen and remember.

    As this Lio song, I spend my youth singing her tunes to the mirror and I was delighted to still remember the Lyrics!

    Thanks again, keep it up!
    Tryxie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. It's Arman Méliès and not Aram Melies ;)

    Ofée an Arman Méliès fan :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen