donderdag 1 mei 2008

Serge


Apparently, there's a restaurant in Sao Paulo, Brazil, called Le Petit Trou. And if we think of little holes, we think of Serge ('cause he sang about the p'tits trous in Le Poinconneur des Lilas). Les Serges du Bresil is a SG-coverband, who just played Le Petit Trou. They use samples of original Gainsbourg-songs, but one Christophe Hidalgo is singing. I like what they did to Requiem pour un con (dubbed it out a little), and their version of Je t'aime is a nice addition to my ever growing list of reprises. You can download all their covers at their Myspace.
Talking 'bout SG, grand mix wizard Minimatic has updated his fanf*ckingtastic remix of Chez les Yeyes a little. And yes, it will be released on vinyl! Youpiiii!

Les Serges du Bresil - Je t'aime...moi non plus
Les Serges du Bresil - Requiem pour un con


And also quit nice: this mash-up of Kanye West, plus Serge & BB. [via]
(Ofcourse, this is, was, and always will be the bestest hiphopsong featuring SG's Bonnie & Clyde EVER)

4 opmerkingen:

  1. http://www.fillessourires.com/ecoutez/requiem.mp3 links to Laurence Revey, not les Serges.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oh my God, I wish I had seen this in time to attend! =( On the other hand, thank you so much for bringing to my knowledge what's already right under my nose! The funniest thing of all is I know the restaurant, but had never heard of the band before. Merci bien, Guuz, you go again! :*

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen