dinsdag 15 juli 2008

Sandii


On Thursday, I'm guest in Dutch Radio6-program Sjeng's Special Selection. It's presented by Sjeng Stokkink, a recordcollector with a staggering amount of vinyl. He specializes in funk, and it's safe to say that if he doesn't know it, it don't exist. Sjeng was asked to make 20 one-hour broadcasts about a certain theme. You can hear a show about songs that feature Sly Stone (but are not by Sly & the Family Stone), songs with silences, an eighties-disco special and three shows about grunting flutists. And me, on my favourite subject. I brought songs by Carla Bruni, Francoiz Breut & Calexico and Severine. Sjeng brought an album by Japanese 80s heroes Sandii & the Sunsetz, that featured one song in French. I knew of S&tS, but had never heard this songs. I guess it's pretty obscure, but it's also very good. Soulwax, Joakim or Fred Falke should remix the hell out of it. Sandii's also a nice addition to Mordi's Japanese doll-themed series.


Sandii & the Sunsetz - Sticky Music (French remix)

1 opmerking: