woensdag 30 november 2005

Harley part 4

Merci à Filles Sourires-visiteur Frans for sending me two more mp3's with Harley Davidson-covers (find earlier posts here, here and here). Maybe I should change the name of my blog to Filles En Harley. But then I would not be able to post Belle & Sebastian's live-version (questionalbe quality) of the Serge-song. B&S are a very versatile indie-rockband, who also do James Brown-covers, and I have a version of Poupée de Cire by them as well.
Of better quality (okay, well, you decide) is Harley by Gina X. This German two-piece is best known by their electroclash-hit No G.D.M.Their version of Harley Davidson is in the vein of Serge's later disco-work, like Love on the Beat.
What do you think is the best version of the song so far, Brigitte and Serge excluded?

Belle & Sebastian - Harley Davidson (live)
Hear Here

Gina X - Harley Davidson
Hear Here

1 opmerking:

  1. I might not have an accurate memory of all the covers posted, but I was quite intrigued by Depth Charge's take on the song. Tasty, creative, and very very cheeky! And I've always thought Souvenir's version is a catchy one. Those are the stand outs for me.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen