donderdag 4 mei 2006

Nina

'Exclusive to Limited Edition Vinyl EP' it says on the cover, and yes, it is omitted from the Monsieur Gainsbourg Revisited-cd: Nina Persson & Nathan Larson's coverversion of Serge Gainsbourg's Sorry Angel, re-titled Angel's Fall. Slow, brooding, but not much better than Franz Ferdinand & Jane Birkin's version of the same song that did land on the Gainsbourg-tribute. Still, if you want your collection of Serge-interpretations complete, you have to hear it. Yes, Nina is best known as frontwoman of The Cardigans, Nathan is her husband and former member of rockband Shudder to Think. If this Nathan is the same guy (I bet he is), he's currently part of Hot One.

Nina Persson & Nathan Larson - Angel's Fall

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Nina and Nathan Larsson (Shudder to Think hail from my home town DC) have actually put out some nice solo projects. I recommend Nina's A Camp (a collaboration w/Mark Linkous of Sparklehouse). I actually leaned to appreciate the Cardigans more after that and revisted their output- although the most recent album is a bit dullsville - the single was good though - they seem to be into this seventies AOR jive lately, which is kinda cool, but the material was a bit plodding on this one.
    Nathan Larson's sole album Jealous God is quite nice, but he seems to be focussing on soundtrack work over ecent years.
    Haven't listened to this track yet but as you know I don't have any high expecations for anything associated with the current Gainsbourg tribute.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Take a look at this:
    http://videonostalgie.blogspot.com/
    :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thanks for that. I think, that`s much more charming than the Franz Ferdinand/Jane Birkin-Version on the regular album.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Thanks for that! I agree with thomasfrog. It's a shame it was a double-up, otherwise I'd have liked to see something else bumped off the comp for this.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Uriel DE SANTIAGO30 juli 2006 om 13:25

    Oh, I'm a big fan of the Cardigans, and I bought the Ltd. Edition EP with the song (but I have no vynil player :( ) and even if the track will appear as a bonus track on the US version of the Monsieur Gainsbourg Revisited album, I'd love to get it. Could someone send it to me?, that'd be so nice ! If the answer is yes, please contact me, or send ot to: batman_31AThotmailDOTcom (you'll have to replace AT by @ and DOT by .)

    Thanks, URIEL

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen