dinsdag 1 april 2008

Moon Safari Anniversary


The 10th birthday of the release of Air's Moon Safari is celebrated with a special edition of the album. It's a booklet containing the regular album, an extra cd with remixes, live-songs and demo's and a dvd with Mike Mills' film Eating, Sleeping, Waiting and Playing, about Air on tour. I remember not being very enthousiastic about Moon Safari back in the day, only single Sexy Boy and het openingtrack La Femme d'Argent did it (and are still doing it) for me. I liked Premier Symptomes, the first EP by Air, way better. It didn't help that quasi-hip bars and cafés played MS to death, even now I cannot hear All I Need or You Make it Easy without remembering bad rosé on crowded terraces. That said, the extra cd of this anniversary edition features a few gems. The demo of the never-before released Bossa 96 for instance, and Beck's remix of Sexy Boy. Happy Birthday.

Air - Bossa 96
Air - Sexy Boy (Sex Kino mix)
IFPI says NO!

1 opmerking:

  1. As "Premiers symptômes" was more a singles compilation than an album, I still think that "Moon safari" is their best LP.
    "Bossa 96" is very nice.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen