maandag 14 januari 2008

French Wishing: Carly Sings


Very special guestpost: Dan on his friend Carly Blackman, aka Carly Sings:

Carly is one of my favorite people that I'm lucky to have befriended. What puts her music apart from others are the delicate intricacies she places in her lyrics. With an in depth knowledge of literature, culture, & a tactile sense of the world, her songs come out dreamy and introspective with a touch of longing. Her voice can be compared to Jane Birkin, but her melodies are richer and have a modern touch to them. Would her songs sound better in French? I don't know. Sung in English, rather than being a typical chanteuse, I enjoy the French ambiance that surrounds her songs.
Read an interview with Carly here.

Two demo-tracks by Carly:
Carly Sings - Eyes Closed (Video)
Carly Sings - You Are Travelling

If you want to hear Carly sing in French, go here and click on L'Amour.

1 opmerking:

  1. Oh! Please repost "You Are Traveling" by Carly. I love that song so much. It makes me think of my darling girlfriend.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen