vrijdag 11 januari 2008

French Wishing: Lykke Li


That's what you get for not doing the blogroll; you miss out on the current hype. And that's Swedish lovely Lykke Li. "Lykke Li will be huge. Like, it’s not even a question. Basically Robyn only younger, hotter and better(?), Li takes the best elements of Annie, Peter Bjorn & John and the new breed of British female singer-songwriters to create her own unique lo-fi pop sound", says GWFA. Zeon adds: "I think Robyn's fans would automatically love her. Well, at least in my perspective, I find it hard to just fall a little bit in love with her..." And Stereogum: "Lykke Li defies any sort of formula and is undeniably in for the long run." But what struck me the most (and JOTN, thanks again mon ami) was the description of her influences on her MySpace; "Jane Birkin with no top on." Now, if only Lykke sang in French. Maybe just one song. Or maybe Camille can cover Little Bit, en Français? S'il vous-plait? I'd love to hear her sing: "And for your you I keep my leg apart/And forget about my tainted heart." In French, ofcourse.

Lykke Li - Little Bit
Lykke Li - Tonight
Leif - Little Bit (Lykke Li cover)

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Do you know the next album of Camille will be in english, i know it's a pity...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Nooooooooooo! Tell me that it isn't true! Camille! What have you done!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Dammit! In english? What's next?
    Camille dating some arrogant prime minister dwarf?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I'm sorry but it's true... The name will be 'Music Hole' and be out in march...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I'm going to see Lykke Li on Thursday! Can't wait!!!

    /S

    PS: Check out our blog about Swedish music - http://stopusnot.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen