woensdag 16 januari 2008

Liesbeth List


A question I got asked a lot lately (by journalists questioning me about Filles Fragiles) was: are there any Dutch zuchtmeisje/filles fragiles? There are, ofcourse, but very rarely they sing in French. There's Edie. There's Sylvia. And there's the legendary Liesbeth List, a Chevalier de la Legion d'Honneur. Liesbeth's not really a fille fragile, she sings to powerful. Think Dalida. Think Piaf, maybe - List played Piaf in musical. List made a name for herself doing Dutch versions of Jacques Brel songs, worked with Rod McKuen, and sang unforgettable duets with Ramses Shaffy. Her discography is impressive, starting in 1964 up until now. She's the only Dutch artist that I know of, that covered Gainsbourg-songs in French. I thought she only did Sous Le Soleil Exactement (posted here before), but recently I found out she did a quite funky version of L'Anamour. She did that on a German album from 1970, pretty hard to find originally, but thanks to Fonos, I got a copy on cd.

Liesbeth List - L'Anamour (link=fixed)

2 opmerkingen: