maandag 19 september 2005

Myrtille (2)

So I ordered the debut-album by Myrtille, after hearing a few snippets and looking long(ing) at her picture. On the cover of Murmures, she looks like a medieval maiden, with her flowing hair and dress.
The songwriting's traditional too, done mostly by Myrtille herself, who also plays Wurlitzer and guitar. British soulster Lewis Taylor lends a hand on slide guitar, bass and piano. There are some nice songs on Murmures, like the title-track (posted) and the closing L'echo, but honestly Myrtille's voice can't keep my attention for the whole album, and the songs are so-so. That'll teach me not to order albums just on image. (Suuuure. Who am I kidding?)

Hear here.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. waar blijf jij toch al die lekkere wijven vandaan halen, man? hun muziek interesseert me minder moet ik zeggen :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. muziek boeit me voor geen cent maar dit plaatje is om te smullen!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen