donderdag 29 september 2005

Pastel


Thanks to J., here's a wonderful cover of the Sex Pistols' punk-anthem Anarchy in the UK, translated in French and arranged as a swinging jazz-song. It's sung by Pastel Vespa who, according to her site, is the lovechild of a Brazilian street singer and an Italian heir to the Vespa motorscooter firm. Quote: "You know it's quite sad, I've never seen my father - he left my mother when he found out that she was pregnant with me. It is my wish that one day my father will take me back into his arms, into his life and into his will because I hear he's got quite a lot of money so that would be great. But one thing that reassures me is that whenever things are really bad, we always seem to have one or two empty platitudes that seem to make us feel a whole lot better." But ofcourse. And now it makes perfect sense that you record jazzy versions of hardrocking songs by Metallica, Kiss, Bon Jovi, the aforementioned Sex Pistols and Thin Lizzy.

Hear Here.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten